Birthdays and Anniversaries:
- Happy 55th birthday to Sheryl Mears
- Happy 52nd birthday to John L. Parks III
- Happy 37th birthday to Amanda Marshall
- Happy 33rd birthday to Jasmine Walker
- Happy 10th birthday to Kaylee Rudiger
- Happy anniversary to David R. & Donna Warren
- Happy 41st anniversary to Thom & Irene Henderson
There are 45 birthdays and 5 anniversaries this week
Calendar of Events for Monday 15 October 2018:
- Today, Bingo at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Today, Cub Scout pack 314 & Boy Scout Troop 314 meeting night. 6:30 to 7:30 come and see what we are all about. All youth and Adults welcome. Come make a difference in a scouts journey to Eagle scout. Epworth United Methodist Church basement, next door to Occohannock Elementary School.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 17 Oct, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 18 Oct, The Good News Club meets at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller at 3:45 pm. Parents are asked to pick up their kids from the church promptly at 5:15 pm.
- Friday 19 Oct, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Open Mic Night, 6-8 PM. Join our growing list of talented performers or just come to enjoy and listen. Welcoming musicians, storytellers, comedians, jesters and poets. Complimentary refreshments. Cash bar.301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 19 Oct, Al Mc Kegg takes the stage at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack with originals and covers sure to please. 7-9pm Call 442 3800 to make reservations. Wonderful dinner specials and all time favorites to tempt you and your friends. Let the Clam Shack crew take care of you!
- Friday 19 Oct through Saturday 20 Oct, Hall Street Haunted House - 7 pm to 11 pm on the Bloxom Town Square. Hamburgers, hotdogs, french fries, chicken tenders, and more. Hayride, 50/50 drawing, express line, selfie booth, and costume contest (Halloween).
- Saturday 20 Oct, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Saturday 20 Oct, Exmore Town Park Auto Show part IV on Main Street in Exmore, trophies - dash plaques - 50/50, prizes, food truck, music, live music at noon with David Pruitt and fun from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. The proceeds from this years show go to the " New " Eastville Medical Center so please, Tell a friend and for more info call 757-442-4843
- Saturday 20 Oct, Benefit for the Watermen, 7 PM. $10 cover charge with Award winning photographer Jay Fleming presentation and book signing, live music. Food and drink purchase available featuring oysters and clams. The Historic Palace Theatre * 305 Mason Ave. Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-2787 * www.artsentercapecharles.org * @artsentercapecharles
- Saturday 20 Oct, Matt & Wayne Young are joined by Bill LeCato for another great performance at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack, Nassawadox, 7-9pm. You are sure to enjoy a wonderful evening! Visit our FB page for details of the menu and future scheduled entertainment.
- Saturday 20 Oct, Town of Eastville Town-Wide Yard Sale - 8 am to 2 pm. Residents will be setting up in their yards throughout town and others at the Town Park. For a spot contact Jonny at 678-7523 & leave message. Come join us!
- Saturday 20 Oct, Eastern Shore Center for Independent Living 2nd Annual Disability Awareness Showcase - 10am to 2pm at Nandua High School in Onley, VA
- Sunday 21 Oct, Bingo VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm
- Sunday 21 Oct, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Conversation Cafe, Outsmart Your Pain with Dr. Lisa Barr, 11 AM. Bestselling author and board-certified physician Lisa Barr, M.D. will have a morning of meditation and relaxation. Coffee and light nibbles will be served. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * firstname.lastname@example.org * @lemontreecapecharles
- Sunday 21 Oct, All Fired Up to Vote Rally! Come meet Senator Tim Kaine, Governor Ralph Northam, and Congressional candidate Elaine Luria at Mary N. Smith Cultural Enrichment Center from 1 pm to 4 pm. Free hot dogs, soda, water, cake, cookies. Live music by Laydbaxxs and friends. All welcome. Free admission!
- Monday 22 Oct, Drones & Birds Talk with Nature Conservancy coastal science specialist at Lemon Tree Gallery in Cape Charles. 5:30 pm. Arranged by Friends of Kiptopeke State Park. Free, and open to the public.
- Tuesday 23 Oct, Astronomy Night at The Nature Conservancy's Brownsville Preserve in Nassawadox. 6:15 pm. Free, but registration is required. Please contact Margaret Van Clief at email@example.com or (757) 414-9227 for more information or to sign up.
- Thursday 25 Oct, OktoberForest Nature Conservancy night at Cape Charles Brewing Co. 5:00-9:00 pm. Come raise a glass to conservation and visit with TNC staff, volunteers, and friends. No cover. Open to the public.
- Friday 26 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 26 Oct, Mike Hawker is a popular local musician who will make sure you have a fun Friday night. The Great Machipongo Clam Shack appreciates him taking the stage 7-9pm
- Friday 26 Oct, OktoberForest Nature Conservancy night at Black Narrows Brewing Co. on Chincoteague. 5:00-8:00 pm. Come raise a glass to conservation and visit with TNC staff, volunteers, and friends. No cover. Open to the public.
- Friday 26 Oct, Clam Fritter Supper will be held at Johnson's UMC by the Men's Club at 11175 Bayside Rd., Machipongo from 5 to 7 p.m. The all-you-care-to-eat menu consists of clam fritters, hush puppies, potato salad, coleslaw and dessert. Cost for adults $12 and children $5. UMW is selling hand-quilted quilts, chicken salad $8/pt, walnuts $8/lb, pecans $10/lb, Church cookbook & delicious baked goods.
- Friday 26 Oct, Eastville Trunk or Treat - 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the Northampton High School
- Saturday 27 Oct, Custis Beach Builders Bash - 4pm to 8pm at 2559 Savage Neck Road in Eastville. Join us for craft beers, local ES oysters, pulled pork, baked chicken, and Chatham wine. Renowned bird carver Mark McNair, silent auction, live music and dancing, stunning sunset views. One ticket $80, two or more $75 each. For tickets call 757-442-4687. Proceeds benefit ESVA Habitat for Humanity
- Saturday 27 Oct, One Act Plays and pARTy, 7:30 PM. The Butleress and Cemetery Man Join us for some witches brew and goblin treats afterwards. Adults $25. The Historic Palace Theatre * 305 Mason Ave. Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-2787 * www.artsentercapecharles.org * @artsentercapecharles
- Saturday 27 Oct, Bike & Brew, an extraordinary autumn festival showcasing our two new shore craft beer breweries, Black Narrows Brewing Company from Chincoteague Island and Cape Charles Brewing Company from Cape Charles. At the end of the 26th Annual Between the Waters Bike Tour the Historic Onancock School will host a fall festival from 1pm to 6pm for riders, friends and all shore residents including the unique opportunity to try craft beer tastings, wines from Chatham Vineyards, great music from Matt, Wayne & Bill and the Sonic Ukes, plus delicious local food. Only $5 Admission at Gate, kids under 10 free accompanied by an adult. Admission plus Tasting $20 at the Gate. Wines, beverages and food available for purchase separately. Bring your own chair. No coolers or food allowed
- Saturday 27 Oct, The Muddy Gems will be performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. We welcome you and your families to come enjoy good food and friendly service at The Clam Shack. Call 442 3800 for reservations.
- Saturday 27 Oct, Between the Waters Bike Tour - see the poster for details
- Saturday 27 Oct, Cape Charles Trunk or Treat - 3:30 pm on Mason Avenue
- Sunday 28 Oct, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Spirited Tales, Lore of the Shore with Debra Alsko, 11 AM. Come listen to storyteller Deborah Alsko as she presents original stories based on local haunts. Coffee and light nibbles will be served. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * firstname.lastname@example.org * @lemontreecapecharles
You can add to this calendar